- 17-Apr-2017 to 16-Jun-2017 (PST)
- Holland, MI, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Matching 401K
Tramec Sloan, LLC., a mid-west based manufacturer of heavy-duty truck/trailer components is seeking a full-time Material Handler to join our organization. This position will be responsible for fulfilling customer orders by accurately locating, pulling, verifying, packaging, wrapping, and shipping materials.
Essential Job Functions:
- Processes (weigh) UPS packages, print/apply labels.
- Operates electronic counting scale as needed.
- Dispenses designated materials per work order to manufacturing departments.
- Receives completed materials from manufacturing.
- Fills and packages products according to customer orders.
- Operates forklift as required (Must be properly licensed in accordance with existing company policy).
- Performs inventory transactions with radio frequency scanner.
- Delivers non-inventory items to proper departments.
- Prepares outgoing shipments by verifying material identity count, weight and routing.
- Responsible for banding, stretching, wrapping, palletizing, and packaging of shipping.
- Verifies incoming shipments (carton count, skid count, product identity, etc.), and inspection of incoming parts as designated and trained by Quality Assurance.
- Responsible for working in accordance with our documented Quality System and for ensuring that products and services meet the customer's specified requirements.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area using the 5S process, and follows all safety policies and procedures.
- May be required by management to perform other reasonable work related tasks.
- May be required to work different shifts, hours, overtime and weekends if needed.
High School diploma/GED or equivalent experience, and minimum of 1 year warehouse experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred. Experience with ERP, bar coding systems and wireless device strongly preferred. The ability to use scanner devices and computer literacy with MRP programs and reports required. Must be detail oriented and be able to work with numbers including reading numbers, recording them correctly and be able to count large quantities accurately. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to effectively interact with all levels of staff. Must be able to work effectively as part of a team. The ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities required. Must be attentive to detail, organized, results oriented, and have a high level of accuracy. Previous Hi-Lo experience preferred. May be required to obtain hi-lo license within 1-month of employment if job assigned within department requires driving hi-lo.
- Lifting-up to 50 lbs.